About this Privacy Notice
PAKS Vertriebs GmbH is committed to being transparent and protecting your data; therefore, this notice includes how we store and protect your data, who we share your data with and how long we hold your data for. This notice also outlines your rights and the actions you should take if you are concerned with the way PAKS Vertriebs GmbH is handling your personal data. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy notice.
Who we are
PAKS Vertriebs GmbH, with its headquarters at Karl-Schiller-Str. 14, 76684 Östringen, Germany, is the ‘data controller’ under the General Data Protection Regulations (referred to as GDPR throughout this document) and is responsible for the processing of client data. Should you have any queries or questions regarding anything in this document or anything further please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What type of personal data may be collected by PAKS Vertriebs GmbH
- Company name and address
- Contact name
- Email address, website and telephone number
- VAT number
- Payment details – card details and/or bank details
- Training certificates and photo IDs
How PAKS Vertriebs GmbH collect information about you
- When you place a sales order with our sales team
- When you request an online account
- When you make an enquiry with any of our internal departments
- When you submit an enquiry though our online enquiry form
- When we receive your photo ID and training certificates
How PAKS Vertriebs GmbH use your personal information and the lawful basis for doing so
PAKS Vertriebs GmbH will only use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation
The data may be used for the following purposes:
- To supply the products and/or services requested by you
- To manage your account within the PAKS Vertriebs GmbH group
- To enable us to contact you
- To enable us to notify you of any changes to products, services or prices
- To carry out market research and product analysis
If you have given your explicit consent, we may use your information to contact you by post, telephone, email or text for:
- Your views on current services that we provide
- Notifying you of important changes or developments to our business
- Letting you know about products or services that may be of interest of you
- Outlining promotional activity
- Inviting you to events that we may be holding
If you have provided us with a business card, we will add you to our marketing list. If you have not given us your consent then we will not contact you regarding anything other than your account with PAKS Vertriebs GmbH.
You may withdraw your consent at any time by clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of the marketing emails or by contacting email@example.com.
How PAKS Vertriebs GmbH share your personal data
PAKS Vertriebs GmbH do have to share your data with a restricted, trusted number of third party companies who we ensure are GDPR compliant.
Companies we may share information with are:
- With MailChimp*, printing and mail distributors in order to send you marketing communications
- Transport companies so that they can deliver your goods quickly and efficiently
- Suppliers in case we deliver goods directly to you
- Company solicitors if we ever need to recover an outstanding debt
- Credit checking companies if you have consented, completed and signed a credit application form
- Training providers such as RSPH, if your personal details are requested to register you on courses and send certificates upon completion
*MailChimp’s servers are located in the United States so information may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. However, MailChimp participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework.
PAKS Vertriebs GmbH may transfer your personal data outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and your data may be transferred to the UK from outside the EEA. If this happens, we will make sure that suitable safeguards are in place and that your personal data is protected at the same level that it is in the UK.
How long does PAKS Vertriebs GmbH keep your data for
The above personal data will stay on file for as long as we have reasonable business needs and we will retain the personal data in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance.
Your online account information will be kept for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide services. If you no longer wish to have an active online account please request your account to be closed and your data will be deleted.
You may request for your personal data to be removed from PAKS Vertriebs GmbH and its services by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
Storage, security and transfers
PAKS Vertriebs GmbH take the security and protection of your personal data very seriously. We have industry standard security measures to ensure that your personal data is secure against both external and internal threats with access to personal data restricted to those who need to process it.
Once your personal data has been processed, it will be securely stored on our company servers which have restricted access.
Your name and personal business email address will be stored on our third-party Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system which has access restricted to only those who have a business need to see this information. Our CRM is SOC 2 compliant and maintains reasonable security measures to protect your information from loss, destruction, misuse, unauthorised access or disclosure. Our CRM complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss – U.S. Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the U.S.
You will need to ensure that your online account is protected against unauthorised access and choose a password that is not easily accessible. You must also make sure you sign out after using the services.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. This privacy notice only applies to this website so when you link to other websites you should read their own privacy policies.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browsers. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
Access to your information and correction Under the new regulations you have the right to access a copy to your own personal data that we hold. This is called a Subject Access Request (SAR) and any requests must be made in writing and sent to the Data Protection Officer, PAKS Vertriebs GmbH, Karl-Schiller-Str. 14, 76684 Östringen, Germany or emailed to email@example.com
There is normally no charge for a SAR, however if the request is unfounded or excessive, PAKS Vertriebs GmbH reserve the right to apply a charge.
Full information will be provided within one month of receipt. If the request is manifestly complex, PAKS Vertriebs GmbH can extend this time period by a maximum of two months. If this is the case, you will be informed and kept up to date with the progress throughout.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Right to complain
We hope that you never have a reason to complain and would ask that you speak to one of our team so that we can resolve any issue before you need make a complaint. However, should you feel that the adequate action is not being taken, you have the right to inform a supervisory authority, such as the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) (+44) 0303 123 1113, https://ico.org.uk/
Changes to our privacy notice
Any changes we may make to our privacy notice in the future will be posted on this page and where appropriate, we will notify you by email.